Links of The Week: Mighty Morphin’ Link Rangers
June 10th, 2012
Here are some cool and interesting links I’ve came across the past week:
- Whatever Happened To The Original Cast of ‘Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers’?: I knew what Amy Jo Johnson went on to do, but it’s interesting to see what happened to the others.
- Space Archaeology’s Prometheus Review: I totally agree with this; a lot of what was wrong with Prometheus comes from having stupid scientists.
- What If Things Had Ended… Differently? FED by Mira Grant: Mira Grant gives us a glimpse of what could have been the ending of Feed. I’m glad she didn’t go this way though; I much prefer the actual ending.
- Pocket Princesses: Awesome comic series from Amy Mebberson featuring the Disney princesses living together. It’s currently on hiatus, but they’re so funny, I hope it returns soon!
- Joss Whedon’s Interview with Rutherford D. Actualperson: Awesome letter from Joss to his fans about The Avengers.
- The 22 Rules of Storytelling According to Pixar: Storyboard artist Emma Coats tweeted a list of storytelling rules that’s she learnt while at Pixar.
- The Git Rap: “I won’t git merge your branch if the code is bad, your pull request has no tests and you know that’s sad”
- Paramount Celebrates 100 Years of Glory on Cool Gallery 1988 Poster: Awesome poster with 104 movies. How many movies can you recognize? Here’s just 9 of them:
- Hangman – You’ve Probably Been Playing It Wrong!: What order of letters should you use while playing hangman? This post actually looks at the frequencies of letters in words from a dictionary and shows how you should play.
- Valve’s Handbook For New Employees: Valve looks like such an amazing place to work!
- Toy Adword Wordclouds: Visualization of the words used in ads for toys. Guess which one is for boys an which for girls. It’s from more than a year ago, but still interesting to see (and I predict there wouldn’t have been any drastic changes in the past year for it to be massively different now).
- The Floppy Disk Means Save and 14 Other Old People Icons That Don’t Make Sense Anymore: I don’t agree with all the examples he gives, but there are definitely some icons which might seem a bit strange nowadays.
- Museum of Endangered Sounds: Cool idea, but I’m kind of disappointed that the dial-up sound of modems isn’t among them.
- Why I Write “Strong Female Characters”: Good post from comic book writer Greg Rucka.