January 8th, 2008
Interesting links for January 7th:
- Culture-Jamming Decapitator Hacks London Ads – East London photographer is vandalizing ads by decapitating the models aka sticking a big photoshopped sticker over their heads replacing it with a big bloody stump.
- New 3-D Technique From RabbitHoles Makes Posters Pop – If I’m right this is the first time 3D posters are being commercially used. I know James Cameron is also involved in a company doing this same thing and think we’re going to see it once Avatar comes out.
- Art: The Ghosts Of Tomorrow’s Mega-Cities – Beautiful photos from photographer Peter Bialobrzeski of Asian mega cities and of the construction sites of Asian mega cities.
- Paper dresses by Jum Nakao – Pretty runway dresses completely made out of paper by fashion designer Jum Nakao. Plus you gotta love the black plastic Lego-like hair styles.
- Architecture: How to Make Molten Metal Look Like Rain – Cool 100-foot high sculpture from architect/designer/artist Thomas Heatherwick for the Wellcome Trust building in London.
- Battlestar Galactica: Secrets Of Battlestar Season Four Betrayed In New Photo – The cast of BSG pose in a Last-Supper-esque photo and executive producer Ron Moore gives hints about the next (and final) season. Very light spoilerage of the identity of the final Cylon.
- Torchwood: Captain Jack and Spike Kiss – First images of the steamy kiss between Captain Jack (John Barrowman) and Captain John (James Marsters aka Spike from Buffy)