Interesting links for August 12th through August 16th:
- Series Creator Kevin Falls Reveals The Secrets Of JOURNEYMAN!! – AICN interview with the creator and main writer of Journeyman. I’m still annoyed that this series was cancelled. I think if it wasn’t for the writer’s strike, they may have actually gone on with it. Such a shame, cause it could have been great.
- Styrofoam dome homes – Don’t these houses look adorable?
- A Collection of Olympic Torches – Gallery of all the different designs the Olympic Torch has taken on throughout the years. My favourite is the Sydney 2000 one, although I might be a bit biased.
- The Blogadilla Swedish Furniture Name Generator – I’m MELLYNTA, a Coffee Table. Who are you?
- Springfield Punx – Unique little blog from a guy who creates Simpsons versions of pop culture characters. Take a look at his archive, he’s done quite a lot already. Spiderman, Batman, The Matrix, Back To The Future, they all get the yellow Simpsons makeover.
- Jason de Caires Taylor, Underwater Sculptures – This underwater art is just creepy and beautiful at the same time.
- Page F30: Why Norwegian is the easiest language for English speakers to learn – I’m now bilingual in Dutch and English, but I only learned Dutch properly when I was 8. It wasn’t too difficult, but then I had already been “exposed” to the language and was still young. This blog post not only explains why Norwegian is “easy” for English speakers (not sure if I completely agree though), but also compares it to other languages like Dutch and Afrikaans.
- Selling Women’s Clothes To Women: Athleta Vs. Victoria’s Secret [Today In Catalogs] – Interesting comparison of two catalogues and how they present their clothes.
- The Beauty of Steampunk Fashion – I love a couple of these outfits. I don’t have the guts or the eccentricity to pull something like that off in real life, but they still look amazing.