Interesting links for February 17th through February 23rd:
- Larissa Meek » Shapeways is a Breakthrough for 3D Printing and DIY Addicts. – Ooh, cool idea! If you have any mad 3D modeling skills, you can now get your virtual 3D models as actual real life items.
- Culture Warrior: The Limits of Performance – Great post about what makes a movie performance. Would Mickey Rourke have been nominated for an Oscar for his role as a washed up wrestler who makes a comeback if he wasn't a washed up actor making a comeback? Would Heath Ledger have been nominated for The Dark Knight if he hadn't died? And what makes the performance of Brad Pitt as Benjamin Button?
- The 2009 Hollywood Portfolio – Great photoshoot from Annie Leibowitz with actor and director couplings from the past year.
- Because He Could: Zelda II: Expiditio Linci – Offworld – They should translate more games into Latin!
- Barbie’s Runway: Big Hair & Lots Of Pink – Apparently the first runway show inspired by Barbie (somehow I find that hard to believe. Barbie has been around for ages and this is the first Barbie themed show? Impossible).