Link Love: December 17th through December 20th
December 20th, 2009
Interesting links for December 17th through December 20th:
- George Lucas loses court appeal over Star Wars costume copyright – Times Online – The Stormtrooper design was deemed utilitarian and made from an “industrial design” perspective, meaning it doesn’t fall under the art copyright protection from 70 years, but under the industrial design copyright protection, which only is 15 years (and has fallen by now).
- The Death of the BBC | Mssv – Interesting blog post from Adrian Hon about the BBC.
- Measuring Type : Matt Robinson – “A selection of the most commonly used typefaces were compared for how economical they are with the amount of ink which they use at the same point size. Large scale renditions of the typefaces were drawn out with ballpoint pens, allowing the remaining ink levels to display the ink efficiency of each typeface.”
- Google Browser Size – Cool visualization tool that shows you the percentage of browser sizes for people who visit Google.
- Name That Movie – Paul Rogers – I’m not linking to a specific post, but to the blog of the artist. He’s last 5 posts (and there will be more) are all about “Name That Movie”, six hand drawn pictures all taken from one movie. Guess the movie based on those 6 images. He does a lot of older movies, which I still haven’t seen, but it’s still pretty cool to play.
- 2009 in photos (part 1 of 3) – The Big Picture – 120 photos of this year.