Links of The Day: Link Hard
February 5th, 2013
- Engineering the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony: It’s interesting to see a behind-the-scenes of the tech used during the opening ceremony.
- Mercator Puzzle: Simple browser game where you need to drag and drop the countries to their right spot.
- The Jane Austen Word List: Historical fiction author Mary Robinette Kowal wanted to get her vocabulary for the “Jane Austen” era right, so you created a spellcheck dictionary based on all the works of Jane Austen.
- Why I Play Violent Video Games: Interesting post by Maddy Myers about how she got into games. I came across the post through the awesome image “Gamer Girl” featured below.
- Presenting the Tron Basketball Court: My future mansion needs one of these. It’s a Tron-esque glass floor with embedded lighting elements. It looks awesome.
- The Panasonic Toughpad Press Conference: A hungover not-a-tech-journalist covers a tech press conference.
- The Cabin In The Woods Title Sequence: Interview with director Drew Goddard and main title designers Jarik van Sluijs and Pamela B. Green. There’s so much detail in this title sequence and it’s great hearing about how it evolved.
- Catcase: Is it bad that I want one of these? It’s a bookcase with internal cat shelves:
- 50 Amazing Photos from Cat Heaven Island: Continuing with cats, these photos are adorable.
- Birds on Twitter: Cool project where someone hooked up an old keyboard-turned-birdfeeder to a twitter account.
- A Pickpocket’s Tale: The spectacular thefts of Apollo Robbins.
- PokeNoir: I so want this to continue.